Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day 168 (Part 2)- An Early Father's Day Special Edition

I had a fabulous idea to take pictures for Brad and each of Nora's grandfather's for Father's Day. I had outfits and themes picked out for each photo shoot.

For Grampy, I had envisioned dressing Nora up to look like Grampy does when he performs: tie dye t-shirt (t-shirt dress, in this case), backwards baseball cap, black imitation Chuck Taylor shoes. She was going to climb a "Ladder to the Sky" or "Hug a Teddy Bear" and "Wear a Ribbon in her Hair" to honor Grampy's songs. In my mind, it was adorable. In reality, Nora was having no part of baseball hats, Chuck Taylor shoes, ribbons and bears, or looking at the camera.

These are for you, Grampy.


For Grandpa's pictures, we bought a special shirt that reads, "I Melt Grandpa's Heart" because Nora is her Grandpa's "Precious Love". The idea was to get a picture of her with Bailey because, if we're being honest, though Grandpa's aren't supposed to have favorites, Bailey is Grandpa's favorite grand dog.

Nora decided that instead of melting Grandpa's heart, she was just going to melt down. These are for you, Grandpa.


For her Daddy, I needed 3 pictures to fill the frame I bought him last year.


 
It was a pretty simple photo shoot last year. Position 9 week old baby, position blocks, take pictures. Ta-da! This year, well.... not so much.



With a little persistence (and about a half a bag of yogurt melts with which to bribe her), I did get Daddy's pictures, though. These are for you, sweet husband of mine. Nora and I both love you very much.

I hope all 3 of you have a Happy Father's Day! More about this special occasion tomorrow.

1 comment: