Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 157 - So Here's to You Old Tennessee

(Brad's first post, only took 157 days)

Late this afternoon, Sarah and Nora paid me a visit at work.  Since I'm a little bit of an astronomy nerd, I wanted to see the transit of Venus from the roof of the university's physics building.
We went out for dinner on the strip at Jason's Deli and made our way to the Hill.  For those that don't know, 'The Hill' is the oldest part of the University of Tennessee campus.  Since the observation roof was crowded and not really accessible with a stroller , Sarah and I took turns.  I went first and then while Sarah was on the roof, Nora and I made our way over towards Ayres Hall.

My first trip up the Hill.  Every student should have someone push them in a stroller.

While not the oldest building on campus, Ayres Hall is one of the most iconic buildings on campus.  It was built in 1919 and is named for a former UT president Brown Ayers.

'Good 'Ole Rocky Top (woo), Rocky Top, Tennessee'

We took a quick tour and made a stop at the recently renovated fourth floor.

Going to take after my mom and dad and teach a class someday!
Future 'Vol' ready to go.
Nora was such a good girl tonight.  I can't wait for her to experience more of the campus as she grows up.  (And I know mommy can't wait to show off her campus... stay tuned for that next month.)


No comments:

Post a Comment