Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day 280- 18 Months and 1 Day Old

You are 18 months old. One and a half years of pure joy and awesomeness.

18 months? Are you sure?

You are silly and serious. Independent and attached. Sweet and sassy. You are curious and smart, and mischievous.

You will NOT let me put pigtails or anything else in your hair still, so I gave you your first hair trim. I did a terrible job cutting of the wings on the side of your head that made you look wild. Thankfully, my butcher job isn't too obvious, and hair grows back. I promise to let someone with more experience cut your hair in the future.

You have started telling us no, but it's so cute. You shake your head and say uh-uh. Sometimes you say yes, too. You nod your head and say mmmhmmmm.

You still have the best smile, best laugh, and you still give the best hugs on Earth.

You are becoming more and more verbal, randomly throwing out words like thank you and Elmo, but shaking your head and telling me "uh uh" when I ask you to repeat them.

 You love your dogs, bananas, dancing, and Sesame Street, though not necessarily in that order.

We are so proud that you are our daughter, and it has been such a joy to watch you grow into the amazing little girl that you are.






No comments:

Post a Comment