Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 279 - Old Toys

Hard to believe that at 1 1/2 years old (officially today), we are already talking about Nora's 'old toys'.  Sarah and I are having a yard sale in the morning to clear out some much needed space in the house.  (Two adults, one baby, three dogs, 960 sq feet... you get the idea).  We are also using it as an opportunity to sell some items that Nora has 'outgrown'.  I took the day off from work to try to get some of the items organized for in the morning.  Sarah had to work late at a football game, so it was Nora and I for the entire evening.

After a stop at Food City to pick up dinner, we got home and Nora was ready to go visit her new favorite place, the back yard.  She was a little bit surprised to see the carport filled with items ready for the sale, including some familiar items...


We didn't get much use out of this swing when Nora fit in it.  She would last all of about 10-15 seconds and then let us know she wanted out.   I wish I had gotten a picture of her face the first time she sat in it.  I could almost see her remembering the chair and realizing that she didn't like it.  She did return to it about 5 times while we were out.  She'd sit down, look at me like in the picture above, and 2-3 seconds later stand up and walk over to me.
 

Later on, she took to investigating her old 'jumper-roo', even though it had more bells and whistle than the swing, it didn't hold her interest as much.  She played with a couple of the button and knobs and gadgets and then left it alone.  Perhaps she realized it was for babies. :)

After that it was the usual tour of the backyard.  After dinner, I took her out to the front yard to introduce her to something new.


She liked to walk around the yard.  Unfortunately, she liked to walk straight towards the street.  So for now, I think we will stick exclusively to the back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment