Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 151- New Bedtime Routines

I've posted more than once about Nora's bedtime routine: Bath, bottle, snuggles and lullabyes, sleep. I've also posted about how I've been working on, against my heart's desire, dropping that bedtime bottle.

Well, I think it's done now. We've gone several nights in a row with our new routine.

Instead of a bottle at bedtime, she gets a sippy cup of milk about an hour before. She and I sit together on the couch or in the recliner while she drinks her milk, though sometimes half way through, she wiggles her way to the floor and finishes drinking it there while playing with a toy or flipping through a book.


Then, she has bath time with her Daddy, which I'm pretty sure is one of the highlights of her day.

After bath time, I get her into her PJs, and we sing the Alphabet Song while pointing to the letter decals on her wall, which she loves. She's just really started noticing the letters recently, and she points to them all the time now (D, U, and V seem to be her early favorites as she points to them the most.)

Finally, we sit in her chair- the one that I used to give her her bottle in- and we still snuggle and sing lullabyes before she gets put down in her crib for the night.

I thought she and I would both really mind giving up that bedtime bottle, but we've settled into a new routine pretty seamlessly.

I ask again, who is this big girl??

1 comment:

  1. I think its great you read to her regularly and are singing the alphabet to her while showing her the letters. She's one smart little girl! :)

    ReplyDelete