Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 95- Rockabye Sweet Baby Girl

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

About 2 months ago, when Nora became good at pulling herself up and then cruising along the furniture, she got bad at falling asleep on her own. We would put her down, and she would immediately stand up and start screaming, yelling, and crying. So, for the past 2 months, either Brad or I have held her or rocked her until she fell asleep, just like she was a newborn. I've avoided re-training her to fall asleep on her own at bedtime because, let's face it, it sucks to listen to your kid cry for even a minute when you know you can bring them some comfort.

I decided that tonight was "the night" that I would try to get her to fall asleep without being held. I let her cry in her crib for short intervals 2-5 minute before going in to lay her back down and rub her back until she was calm. I thankfully only had to do this four times, and she was fast asleep within 20 minutes. It could have been SO much worse, BUT it still hurt my heart to walk in to that pitiful face, no matter how short a time it lasted.

1 comment: