Friday, September 28, 2012

Day 272- Spice Up Your Life

Nora was spicy today in 2 ways-

1. She was a fussy monster for a couple of hours after I picked her up from day care. Her mini-tantrums right now are so funny, ridiculous, infuriating... and did I mention funny? She gets frustrated- usually because she's trying to communicate something that we're not getting, and she lashes out. She'll whack me or scratch me, and then she'll stop and look at me dead serious in the eye, waiting to see what's going to happen. This is hilarious to me, but I don't laugh. I either ignore or ask her to be gentle, and then she rubs my arm, and says "awwwww". Her mini tantrums also include some screeching and crying and throwing herself down on the floor in dramatic fashion. I do not have a picture of this today, but I thought her spicy attitude was worth mentioning.

2. Also, we went out for Mexican food for dinner. Nora had a soft chicken taco and some rice. I let her try a chip with salsa, but that made her mad, and she spent the next couple of minutes squealing and rubbing her tongue. I offered her some milk, but she didn't quite get that the milk would help, so she swatted it away.


She did ok with the spoonfuls of rice, although a lot of it did end up on the floor. (We left our waiter a generous almost 30% tip for his troubles ha!) Oh, and if you're looking for a place to take your kid to eat, Senor Taco's kids meals include enough food to feed a toddler for a week for just $3.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment