Saturday, September 15, 2012

Day 259- Pigtails, Carousels, and Go Big Orange!

We went to the Tennessee Valley Fair today.  We were all decked out in our Tennessee Orange since the big Tennessee-Florida game is tonight (In progress at this very minute: 27-20  for the Gators. Uh oh! Go Vols!) 

Anyway, try as I may, I can't do anything with Nora's mop top. IF I manage to get a cute headband on her, it's off in 5 seconds. IF I manage to get pigtails in her hair, it's not without tears, and then they're out before I know it. She is destined to go around looking like nobody owns her.

I did get pigtails in for a few minutes, today, though. They were super cute.

 
I also tried to put a giant orange headband and bow on her, but that lasted no longer than it took to take the picture.
 
 
 
So off we went with Nora's baby mullet blowing in the wind.
 
At the Fair, Nora was able to visit the petting zoo, but she wasn't too sure about actually petting any of the animals.
 
 
 
 
Finally, we took her on a couple of rides. It was slim pickins for kids her size. Even with a parent, there were only two I could get her on, and one of them, she was technically too short for, but the ride operator didn't seem to care much. So, we rode the train...
 
 
 
.. and the Carousel, though Nora did not want to actually sit on one of the horses.
 
 
 
All of this before heading home for the big football game. After playing hard all day, I hope she sleeps hard tonight. 





No comments:

Post a Comment