Saturday, December 15, 2012

Day 350- Saturday in December

Nora woke up right around 7:30 this morning, and my sweet husband got up with her while I got a little extra sleep. They had breakfast and lounged around, watching tv and playing with the dogs.


She loves her head bands these days, but she wasn't loving her dog so much here. She did not want to share Brandy's bed with her.

Early in the afternoon, as Nora was going down for her nap, I joined a friend for her daughter's Christmas dance recital. When my girl woke from her nap, she and Brad went for a walk at a nice greenway in between Victor Ashe Park and Northwest Middle School. Nora got to see a horse up close and personal. Brad said she was very sweet and said bye bye to the horses.


After a while, she got to get out and roam free. Brad apparently had a hard time keeping up with her!


We all met back at the house a little later in the afternoon, and we decided to get ready to give Santa another try. Last year was a disaster (cute, but disastrous), so we were very hesitant. Here we are getting ready...


As we were walking towards Santa, Nora had a very tight grip on me. Her arms were wrapped tightly around my neck with her cheek to my cheek. I decided that I wasn't going to put her in a position where I knew she would be frightened and confused. Instead, we decided to have a family Santa photo taken.


Nora got a candy cane and even gave Santa a high five. He called her a "doll baby", which made this Momma's heart melt just a little.

When we got home, we got Nora out of her pretty outfit and ate dinner. Then, I reveled in her looking a little bit like my "baby" instead of my "big girl" as she somewhat sleepily twisted her hair and drank her milk before bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment